Towne & Locke is seeking an experienced Technical Sales – Lubricant Additives to join our client’s growing team in Norwalk, CT (RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE). This position offers a salary of 110-140K plus insurance benefits, 401K, paid time off etc.
- Excellent selling skills.
- Self-starter, well organized, and motivated.
- Strong technical background in lubricant additives formulation, testing, and performance.
- Working knowledge of the chemistry of lubricant and metalworking additives.
- Ability to interact well with customers.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to customers’ needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- BS/MS in Chemistry.
- 5-10 years’ experience in technical sales of lubricant additives or specialty lubricants and greases.
- Experience in formulating lubricants, greases, RP’s.
- Visit target customers on a regular basis to promote additives, initiate new projects, obtain new approvals and generate new business for lubricant and rust preventive additives.
- Technical sales presentations to customers to promote additives.
- Develop and execute a sales plan/territory and customers coverage plan to achieve agreed upon sales volume goals and sales growth targets (one year, three year, five year sales goals).
- Follow-up on sales call reports, sample requests, customer projects and other requests from customers.
- Work closely with Technical Service department to develop performance data, solve customers’ formulating problems and provide technical assistance to customers.
- Initiate technical testing and product optimization proposals for specific customer projects and to support the needs of customers and new business opportunities.
- Write visit reports and periodic sales and market reports.
- Support Sales Manager in sales budgeting and pricing issues.
- Participates in company-wide effort to maintain working knowledge and promote quality assurance in compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 requirements.
- 50% business travel to meet with customers.